10.11.2006

As I was walking to the train the other day, I overheard a woman on her phone say:
"Okay, but if we break-up, then you're taking me dancing."
Given how casually she said it, I naturally assumed she was talking about her doomed relationship with a third-party -- the gay best friend or whatever. She's half-interested/half-wounded/half-planning her weekend with a friend.
I like to amuse myself with the thought that she was negotiating the actual terms of the breakup with her boyfriend instead. Half-caring, but half-demanding.
"This relationship sucks -- I've resigned myself to that fact. Which means that you owe me an evening of Salsa."
The breakup seems imminent, and yet dude still has to go out on some high-impact date. Dude must've fucked up majorly in the bargaining process to end up with that kind of fate. Seems like some sort of relationship reciprocity.
"You failed me as a mate -- now date me as your punishment."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home